As promised, in this post I will describe adding the music from a CD to the iPad music folder in the simplest, most direct way I can.
Many people now have an iPad as their sole computing device because it’s a supremely simple and portable way to access the things computers are most commonly used for. However, it doesn’t have a fraction of the functionality of a laptop unless you can hook it up to a computer to manage content! So, to add the music from a CD, we must obtain access to a computer running iTunes software (PC or Mac) and a CD drive:
1. Connect iPad to the USB port of the computer.
2, Open ITunes software and login with the Apple ID used on the iPad.
3. Click on “My Music Tab” to open the music library for the account.
4. Insert an audio CD
-A message will appear asking you to confirm that you wish to add all the tracks on the CD to the library.
5. Click on “Yes” to import the entire CD
– iTunes imports all tracks from the the CD into an ‘Album’ of the same name.
6. Click on “No” to select individual tracks. (Remember that audio files can take up a lot of storage space)
In the list of tracks, untick all the tracks you do not wish to import. Then click on Import CD (top right of window)
– iTunes imports just selected tracks from the the CD into an ‘Album’ of the same name.
7. Start to drag the Album to the left – a list of places will appear to which it can be added. Drag it to the named iPad and release.
-iTunes adds the Album to the music folder on the iPad
So that’s it! Of course, we could have imported the audio with lots of changes of settings but the beginner should just accept the defaults.
To add a file to the from the computer to the iPad’s music folder:
1. Open the drop down file menu and select “Add File to Library”
2. Navigate to the file, select it and click “Open”
-iTunes adds it to the list of “Songs” in the Library
3. From the Song list, start to drag the file to the left
– a list of places to which you can add it appears
4, Drag the file to the named iPad in the list of locations and release
-iTunes adds the file to the music folder on the iPad
(Change from ‘Album’ view to ‘Song’ view in the drop down menu, top right of ‘My Music’ window).