Explore a very unusual website!
Welcome! I'm Audrey Podmore, music teacher, composer and facilitator. I launched this site, in September 2002 to support all kinds of creative and inclusive music-making. At that time online music publishing was in it's infancy and, as a pioneer, I happily 'ploughed my own furrow'! These days, though, the scene has changed beyond recognition and I constantly need to find new ways to relate with visitors and make resources available. It's a very daunting task for one person, with so much material to share! You can read a little about what's here, below, or explore the Sitemap. Please do contact me with any comments, ideas or questions you may have.
I look forward to sharing with you, soon!
Here, you will find many resources to support creativity:
- improvisation ideas for many of our sheet-music pieces
- interactive software,
packed with creative ideas
- creative classroom
projects for key stages 1-3
- Kids' Pages of
creative activities and Kids' Guide to site
articles by creative musicians
- links to other places
online which support a creative approach
The site supports inclusion by:
- making easy music available, including much for absolute beginners
- publishing flexible music for mixed instruments and abilities
- providing online playback for large sections of our catalogue
- publishing 'framework'
software with "widening access" options
- offering a customisation service for our
sheet music and
supporting inclusive practice
- links supporting
music and special needs
The Full Pitcher publishes materials that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- they promote creative music-making
- they are flexible enough to permit some degree of customisation
- they reach out to those deprived of music, for whatever reason
We also distribute creative and inclusive music resources from other publishers
and welcome enquiries from like-minded teachers and community musicians.